· Department Club: AMAZING WORLD: on 21-1-2006, Health camp at Yanadigudem, Phil house Pet, Conducted clinical tests like Hb content, clotting time, RBC, WBC count, Fortnight celebrations of Animal Welfare Society- Rally, Observation of days of Importance.
· Extension Programmes:
Stem cells-Bio insurance
III B.Sc BBB,ZNC students presented an Extension Programme on Peptic ulcer disease under the Guidance of Dr.K.Madhavi Rani
23-11-2012: III BZC students enacted an Extension Programme on NANOMEDICINE –A FUTURE FOR LIFE under the Guidance of Dr.R.Indira, HOD, and Department of Zoology.In that Programme, the students depicted the applications of Nano technology in the field of Medicine with power point presentation.
13-11-2015- III BZC students enacted an Extension Programme on ECONOMIC ZOOLOGY under the Guidance of Dr.R.Indira, HOD, and Department of Zoology. In that Programme, the students depicted different types of cultures like sericulture, vermiculture, pearl culture etc and their careers opportunities for biology students with the display of their products and power point presentation.
2016-17: Knowledge Extension Programmes:
30-6-16- III Bsc Bzc students presented a knowledge extension programme on “National parks of India” under the guidance of ward tutor Mrs.N.Lakshmi prasanna
14-07-2016: III ZNC students presented an Extension programme on “Uninvited Guests of our Body” under the Guidance of ward tutor Dr.K.Madhavi Rani.
21-07-2016: III BZC students presented an Extension programme on “Parental care in Animals” ” under the Guidance of ward tutor Mrs.K.Nirmala.
Celebrated science day by visiting and giving extension activity to 9th and 10th students at Govt.high school, kotadibba in 2014, Celebrated science day by organizing an Exhibition the Zoology Department in 2015.
Project on Solid Waste Management: III B.Sc students conducted a project survey on Solid Waste Management in Eluru Municipal Corporation in 2014
-23rd Feb. 2015- College open day was celebrated on the eve of Science Day Celebrations. The Department of Zoology arranged an Exhibition to the School children of Eluru and exhibited museum with 450 specimens, student assignments and poster presentation on different studies in Zoology etc.
Guest Lectures on Community based Topics:
-8-8-2015- Dr. K. Madhavi Rani gave a guest lecture on “different Aspects of Reproduction” under a programme “Premarital counseling” to final year P.G.Students, organized by Women studies center, St. Theresa’s college.
-8-10-15 to 10-10-15 Dr.K.Madhavi Rani delivered a guest lecture on “Harmony in Nature and existence to I Year P.G physics students.
Training in Recycling Unit:
Dr. R. Indira and Dr. R. Madhavi Rani trained Paper Recycling Unit machinery in the Campus.
Training Programmes for the staff: Mrs. N.Lakshmi prasanna, Ms.S.D.V.K. Kumari attended a work shop on soft skills programme, on 10th &11th October 2014
Membership in Animal Welfare Society
Participation in World Zoonosis Day
Fortnight celebrations of Animal Welfare Society-2015
On 31st Jan. 2015, the department conducted a Mega rally and competitions on the eve of fortnight celebrations of Animal Welfare Society, West Godavari District and received Best Rally Award and students received prized in Elocution and Essay writing
Extension Programme –by II &III B. Voc Students
· 9-8-18-II&III B.Vocational clinical& Aqua lab Technology students presented a knowledge extension programme on “By products of fish” under the guidance of ward tutor Mrs. G.Suneetha, lecturer in Zoology.
· Students explained various By products of fish like Fish Meal, Fish oil, fish liver oil, fish manure, fish silage, ising glass, fish glue, fish skin, fish flour, fish roes, fish flakes ,fish tail fins, artificial pearls .Students used various methods like skit, dance to express the importance of various By products.
· By products are obtained from various parts of fish like viscera,gonads-milt, roe, liver, stomach, intestine, head, snout, brain, gills, fish protein and oils
Extension Programme –by III BZC students
· 30-8-2018- III BZC students presented a knowledge extension program me on “Animal interactions” under the guidance of ward tutor Dr. R. Indira, H.O.D. lecturer in Zoology.
· Different kinds of animals interact with one another to maintain the balance of Eco system.
· Students depicted the topic with power point presentation, one act play on “save nature- save mankind” & also a group dance with the message.